Kutjevo park

Kutjevo park was planted as part of the castle and the parish church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Kutjevo. A Cistercian abbey had been established there in 1232. However, it stopped its activity when the Ottomans arrived in Kutjevo. Throughout the years, the Kutjevo estate had had many different administrators before the Turković family took over the management in 1882. The Turković family created the park, planted tall trees on the left and right sides of the castle façade, and a roundabout was created in front of the castle. Further away from the castle autochthonous and allochthonous trees and bushes were planted in the free form, grouped and individually, in combination with the green surfaces. Such shape of the park has been kept until today. The park was renovated in 2015. It was declared a monument of park architecture in 1967.

Postavke pristupačnosti